Situation Friendly Forces
- Patrolling troops defeated an ambush in the vicinity of BURATAI Community, BIU, BORNO State killing 9 and capturing 1 gunman.
- Defence HQ states that troops on operating in North East Nigeria have arrested a suspect in the MUBI bombing following information from a member of the public that he was seen to alight from the vehicle that detonated
- The Nigeria Army has warned football fans to be vigilant whilst using viewing centres during the World Cup
- Media reports state that several Generals and other officers had been court martialled for assisting Boko Haram, Defence HQ categorically denies the allegations
- The Nigeria Police Force has begun a counter terrorism enlightenment campaign, distributing information, education and communication material highlighting the basic role of citizens in the counter terror effort
- The Director General of the National Orientation Agency Mike OMERI stated that the Federal government has begun a terrorism awareness campaign, using printed material and other skills
- Patrolling troops engaged insurgents in a firefight in KAWURI, BONO State killing 5 and capturing 2 AK-47s and 2 vehicles. The BORNO State government presented N1m to the families of 16 policemen killed in an attack on GAMBORU NGALA in May 2014. N200,000 was given to each of the 4 policemen injured in the battle in a ceremony at the Police Command Headquarters, MAIDUGURI
- The Archbishop of CANTERBURY, Justin WELBY visited President Goodluck JONATHAN and expressed condolences for the victims of the insurgency.
- Media reports state that villagers in RIYOM and BARKIN LADI LGA have discovered an nomadic gunmen camp in the RIM Hills near RIYOM
- The US Interdisciplinary Team for Assistance to Nigeria met the Nigerian Joint Chiefs of Staff, including the Chief of Defence Staff Air Chief Marshal Alex BADEH, Chief of Army Staff Gen. Kenneth MINIMAH, Chief of Naval Staff Rear Admiral Usman O. JIBRIN
- A camp run by Madinatu Muheenu Hamdallah Nibrassiya Huda, an Islamic Sect in LAPAI, LAPAI LGA, NIGER State has been destroyed by a team from the Nigeria Army. The camp held about 240 people and 30 thatched huts. The sects spokesman Sheik Yusuf USMAN denied they had any links with Boko Haram or shared their ideology, the sects leader Sheikh Mohammad ABUBAKAR declined to give interviews.
- Elements of 7 Div ambushed insurgents along the IZGE-BITTA Road in the vicinity of BITTA, BORNO State as they were moving out of the forest around 10.00pm on their way to launch an attack. Friendly forces reported 50 enemies killed and captured 30 rifles, 36 hand grenades, 7 machine guns, 11 RPG launchers, 3,500 rounds of ammunition, 6 smoke grenades, locally made guns and 4 vehicles and 50 motorcycles. 4 soldiers were reported wounded in the contact. The insurgents had allegedly hoisted their flags over the school and mosque.
Situation Enemy Forces
- Gunmen have attacked KANARI, WAZARDE and GULA Villages, BORNO State killing 42 people in the 7 hour attack
- Gunmen mounted in pickup trucks attacked NUWARI, MUSARI and WALORI Villages, GAMBORU NGALA LGA, BORNO State
- IEDs reportedly contained in two tricycles detonated in Oscars Joint a bar/ viewing centre near the Special Operations Battalion HQ in the GAVAN Area of MUBI, ADAMAWA State around 6.00pm killing approximately 60 people
- Approximately 10 gunmen attacked a church in ANTAGARA Village, GWOZA LGA, BORNO State with small arms and RPGs killing 9 worshippers, 4 attackers were killed and 3 detained by local youths
- Gunmen reportedly abducted 20 young women from communities in the vicinity of BANKI, BORNO State
- Gunmen attacked MADAGALI, MADAGALI LGA, ADAMAWA State killing 2 people
- Gunmen dressed in military style uniforms mounted in approximately 10 pick up trucks attacked the villages of ATTANGARA killing 42 people, AGAPALAWA killing 20 people and AGANJARA killing 24 in GWOZA LGA, BORNO State. The gunmen gathered people in the town square as if to address them and then opened fire. The gunmen reportedly chased fleeing villagers on motorcycles and killed them, with the attacks lasting till Wednesday. Aircraft attacked insurgent positions on Wednesday in an attempt to dislodge them
- Gunmen attacked GOSHE Village, GWOZA LGA, BORNO State with small arms and RPGs killing 100 people and burning down the village
- Gunmen attacked MBULAKUDLA Village, ASKIRA- UBA LGA, BORNO State with small arms killing 2 people. Local youths then pursued the attackers and detained Gunmen attacked MBULAKUDLA Village, ASDKIRA-UBA LGA, BORNO State killing 2 people. Local people chased them away and captured 20 who were handed to the security forces
- The Federal High Court, ABUJA refused the application by the Federal Government to allow witnesses in the trail of Dr Nazeef Mohammed YUNUS et al to have their appearances disguised. Justice KOLAWOLE however ordered that adequate provisions be made to shield the identities of the witnesses
- Approximately 20 gunmen mounted in 4 Toyota Hiluxes attacked BADARI/ BARGARI village, KONDUGA LGA, BORNO State with small arms, IEDs and petrol bombs. The attackers gathered the villagers on the pretext that they wanted to preach to them and then opened fire killing 45. The attackers then burnt the village, vehicles and bicycles and stole food and livestock and fled in the direction of SAMBISA Forest.
- Gunmen attacked KWABULA Village, MADAGALI LGA, ADAMAWA State killing several civilians. Nigerian Army forces supported by an APC and aircraft counter attacked and defeated the gunmen. A church and the LG Headquarter building were burnt down. 3 civilians in MADAGALI were reportedly mistakenly killed by friendly aircraft as they tried to put out a fire in a church
- Gunmen attacked KAYAMLA Village, JERE LGA, BORNO State killing 45 people
- An explosion targeted a police APC at the private residence of the GOMBE State Governor in GRA/ PATAMI Area of GOMBE Town set off secondary explosions in the compound killing 3 soldiers and a civilian and wounded 6 other soldiers. Official sources described the event as an ‘accidental discharge’
- Gwari farmers and Fulani herdsmen clashed in PAIKO, near GWAGWALADA, ABUJA FCT resulting in 4 dead and 19 injured, 4 houses were also burnt
- Gunmen attacked MADAGALI, MADAGALI LGA, ADAMAWA State with small arms overrunning a military checkpoint and allegedly seizing 2 patrol vehicles. A soldier and civilian were killed , the Catholic Church burnt and the Development secretariat burnt down in the 3 hour firefight
- Nomadic gunmen attacked SABON AGUNU and GORA Village, KACHIA LGA, KADUNA State at around 3.00am with machetes killing 3 people and injuring 2 others
- Gunmen mounted on motorcycles and others on foot killed 5 farmers at around 10.00am in the vicinity of KUNLA and CHAKWA Villages, MADAGALI LGA, causing several hundred to flee into CAMEROUN
Situation External Forces
- 2 Italian priests (Giampolo MARTA and Gianantonio ALLEGRI) and a Canadian nun (Gilberte BISSIERE) kidnapped in Northern CAMEROUN were released by their captors after a week of negotiation by Camerounian authorities with insurgents in NIGERIA. the and picked up by Camerounian troops near the Nigerian border, they were flown out of MAROUA Airport on a military aircraft.
- The Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (IDMC) states that 3.3m Nigerians have been internally displaced by Boko Haram attacks
- Camerounian forces engaged Boko Haram insurgents in vicinity of KOUSSERI Town, EXTREME NORD Region, CAMEROUN reportedly killing 40 attackers.
- A 57 member delegation of the Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) led by its Secretary General Eyad Ameen MADANI visited President JONATHAN on a condolence visit over the sects behaviour.
- Media reports state that Boko Haram has begun leaving flyers in FOTOKOL, EXTREME NORD Region, CAMEROUN which borders GAMBORU, NIGERIA threatening to attack schools and teachers.
- Camerounian forces ambushed Boko Haram fighters in the vicinity of the village of DABANGA, EXTREME NORD PROVINCE allegedly killing 60 of them as they crossed over from BORNO State, NIGERIA
- The UK Foreign Office will host the London Ministerial On Security in Northern NIGERIA, a meeting of officials from NIGERIA, BENIN, CHAD, CAMEROUN, the UK, US, FRANCE, CANADA and the EU to coordinate the international effort against Boko Haram
- Approximately 50 suspected Boko Haram gunmen attacked GORSI TOUROU Town, MAYO TSANAGA Division, EXTREME NORD Region, CAMEROUN using small arms. The attackers then ambushed Camerounian forces from the surrounding hill. Camerounian forces state they captured a vehicle and AK type weapon, at least 7 gunmen were killed in the firefight
- The US is close to setting up a 24 hour satellite televisions station focussed on Northern Nigeria financed by the US State Department Bureau of Counterterrorism called Arewa24 costing $6m/ N960m(much less than an executive jet). The project is to be run by a SAN FRANCISCO contractor Equal Access International and was started last year
|Insurgent Incidents||IED||Vehicle IED||Suicide IED||Small Arms||Small arms+IED||Other wpns||Theft||Kidnapping||Foreign attacks|