Situation Friendly Forces:
- Wives of soldiers of 103 Battalion, 82 Div, ENUGU protested the deployment of their husbands to the North East. Apparently the good ladies were unaware that their husband’s presence in the Army meant they would be called upon to fight once in a while
- 150 people were interred in a mass burial in UNGUWAR GALDIMA Village, MARU LGA, ZAMFARA State
- The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has deployed 10 units of Mobile Police, 1 from the Counter Terrorism unit, 3 Regular Police units, Border Patrol, Intelligence and Air Wing Units to ZAMFARA State. The unit sizes and designations were not specified
- Masked soldiers arrested 17 people in JIMETA Shopping Complex, YOLA, ADAMAWA State at 1.00pm
- The Southern KADUNA Peoples Union and Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigerian signed a peace agreement supervised by senior police officials in KADUNA
- The British High Commissioner Andrew POCOCK stated the UK would assist the Nigeria Police Force in acquiring skills in general investigation, scene of crime management, counter terrorism, bomb disposal and tracking kidnappers while meeting the Inspector General of Police Muhammad ABUBAKAR
- 7 people have been arraigned at MAKURDI Magistrates court, MAKURDI, BENUE State for the murder of 2 herdsmen along the GBOKO-MKA Road on 27 March. Terver UYA, Vershima MNGURE, Msughve USHIR, Ikyaan TARVERSHIMA, Aondosoo TYOZENDA, Iorwuese SHAAPERA and Vershima GWAZA are charged with criminal conspiracy, culpable homicide and mischief by fire. He case was adjourned till 13 May and the suspects remanded in Federal Prison, MAKURDI
- Gunmen have abducted Stephen Abba Madu MARAMA a local politician and aspiring Senatorial candidate in the vicinity of MARAMA, HAWUL LGA, BORNO State, the kidnappers who also stole his car contacted his family and allegedly asked to be put in touch with the BORNO State Governor Kashim SHETTIMA or Senator Ali NDUME (BORNO SOUTH Senatorial District)
- The Chairman Traditional Rulers Council, KEANA LGA, NASARAWA State Emmanuel ELAYO the Osana of KEANA has appealed for calm over the alleged killing of herdsmen in the area.
- The Northern Governors Forum and Miyetti Allah Fulani Cattle breeders Association of Nigeria have decided to meet next week in order discuss lasting solutions to the insecurity in the area.
- 3 BORNO and YOBE elders have requested N60bn annually for 5 years as an emergency special intervention fund for reconstruction projects. Ambassador Babagana KINGIBE, Ambassador Baba KAIGAMA and Ibrahim BUNU submitted the memorandum to the National Conference in ABUJA.
- Muktar IBRAHIM (aka Abu Sabaya) a Mechanical engineering graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, ZARIA was remanded into custody by the Federal High Court, ABUJA on 3 charges under the Terrorism Prevention Act, 2011, having posted celebratory messages about Boko Haram attacks on jihadi websites and solicited funds from international terror groups to fund Boko Haram activities. The case has been adjourned till 12th and 21st May.
- DHQ states that operations against bandit encampments in the vicinity of DAHIA LUKA, MAKERA KADUNA and PLATEAU States have yielded 140 cows and 45 sheep which have been handed over to local traditional rulers. 3 wounded men were captured as well as 6 rifles, 25 dane guns, 10 locally made pistols and 4 revolvers.
- Defence HQ reports that an insurgent attack on BUNI GARI Market was repulsed without friendly casualties
- Defence HQ (DHQ) stated that ‘scores’ of insurgents had been killed in air ground assaults in the vicinity of LAKE CHAD. 5 soldiers were stated to have been killed as well06 April: gunmen attacked WALA A and WALA B in GWOZA, GWOZA LGA, BORNO State with small arms around 8.00pm killing 17 people and burning several buildings
Situation Enemy Forces:
06 April: gunmen attacked WALA A and WALA B in GWOZA, GWOZA LGA, BORNO State with small arms around 8.00pm killing 17 people and burning several buildings
- Gunmen attacked TAKULARI Village, CHIBOK LGA, BORNO State killing the Village Head and 10 other people and burning property
- Gunmen attacked JIBU Village, WUKARI LGA, TARABA State killing 10 civilians, wounding 15 and burning down 20 houses. Locals claimed the attackers were Jukun
- 1 officer and 4 other ranks were killed in an ambush by insurgents in the vicinity of the SAMBISA Forest
- Insurgents reportedly ambushed students on their way from BIU to MADUGURI to write their JAMB exams in a convoy of 8 vehicles.
- Gunmen mounted in motorcycles and cars attacked GWARAM LGA, JIGAWA State with small arms and IEDs around 1.30am killing 7 policemen and a 1 civilian security guard. A bank and Sharia court were also burnt down
- Gunmen attacked a viewing centre in POTISKUM, YOBE State from a car, killing 3 people watching a football match
- Gunmen attacked a college in DIKWA, DIKWA LGA, BORNO State killing 6 teachers, 2 security guards and abducting an unspecified number of female students
- Suspected nomadic gunmen attacked CHEMBE, IFER and TSE GUNDU Village, LOGO LGA, BENUE State killing 6 people and burning several houses. The attackers said to number in the hundreds came via several routes across the river from bordering NASARAWA State. After operating for several hours they set up illegal checkpoints along the ANYIIN-WUKARI Road
- Gunmen reportedly mounted in 2 Armoured personnel carriers and 7 Toyota Hiluxs attacked KALA BALGE, killing 60 villagers with small arms, locals report the attackers spoke fluent English and wore military style uniforms
- Insurgents blocked the MAIDGURI-BIU Highway in the vicinity of DALWA Village killing 8 travellers
- Gunmen attacked KASHIMBILLA, TAKUM LGA, TARABA State killing 2 people and kidnapping 2 females including a pregnant woman and burning several houses
12 April: 3 people were murdered by nomadic gunmen in UKPIAM Village in GUMA LGA and 2 in ABIAM, GWER WEST LGA, BENUE State with machetes
Situation External Forces:
08 April: The US Ambassador James F. ENTWHISTLE paid a visit to MAKURDI, BENUE State to interact with the people and learn more about the security issues in the region and visit two USAID supported projects on health and agriculture
Table 4 Insurgent incidents
|IED||Vehicle IED||Suicide IED||Small Arms||Small arms+IED||Other wpns||Theft||Kidnapping|